With your conversation partners, or classmates, you may wish to discuss the following:
1. What is the life expectancy rate in your country? For men / women?
2. As people live longer, what difficulties do they face?
3. What challenges must society face when dealing with a growing elderly population?
4. Who has the primary responsibility to care for senior citizens?
5. Who will take care of your parents (or grandparents) when they can no longer care for themselves?
For Additional Practice
Pretend you are over 80 years old. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages
of living alone (in contrast to living with your children or in a nursing home).